Tuesday, May 7, 2013

White Collar vs. Blue Collar Instruction in the FMA

I read this reply by the author listed below on <myfma.net> and as I read through the whole post and comments sections I was amazed that there is a FMA instructor who uses the white collar approach to teaching FMA!

Just going through the motions?  Whoa!  Gotta take some time to really think about this one, but at the same time I couldn't just close out the site and walk away.

Edward Talib on April 30, 2013 at 12:50pm
By White collar I mean, a laid by back approach, just going through the motions with little to no resistance. By Blue I meant working against a moderate level somewhat of resistance. I hope that helps clarify.

1 comment:

  1. That doesn't amaze me at all. Every art has its share of teachers who just "go through the motions," with some arts having more than others.

    More troubling, IMO, is the implication that white collar workers just go through the motions in their jobs, and don't care about the quality of their work. I call foul on that characterization.

    ReplyDelete